Nursing Home Accident
Call now to get free advice 0333 006 6266
A Nursing Home accident can be extremely distressing for an injured resident and for their relatives.
Having an elderly relative in a nursing home is stressful enough at the best of times.
But it is much worse if your loved one is injured as a result of an avoidable accident.
Nursing homes have a legal duty to take care for the safety of their residents.
Many nursing home residents are at high risk of falling.
And elderly people are much more likely to suffer serious injury in a fall.
Some falls are unavoidable. But nursing homes would avoid most accidents if they took reasonable care.
The nursing home should at least:-
- Make an assessment of the mobility needs of each resident,
- Keep that assessment up to date,
- Take steps to minimises the risk of falls,
- Employ properly trained staff to supervise each resident,
- Provide residents with any necessary mobility aids,
- Keep a record all falls and report these to the resident’s family.
Our team of experts have dealt with lots of successful nursing home accident cases.
We have tried to answer any questions that you might have here.
But there is no substitute for having a detailed chat about your case.
Our initial advice is always free.
And we are always happy to work on No Win No Fee terms.